CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU TO OUR 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 WOOL AMBASSADOR TAYLOR HARRISON
2011 WOOL DUTCHESS ANJELIKA JURESS.
2009 & 2010 WOOL AMBASSADOR CLAIRE BURNETT
THANK YOU TO OUR 2006, 2007 AND 2008 WOOL AMBASSADOR
DUTCHESS COUNTY WOOL AMBASSADOR
SPONSORED BY THE DUTCHESS COUNTY SHEEP AND WOOL GROWERS
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Sheep and Wool Ambassador. Please read the responsibilities and rules listed below and submitt your application by November 1st, 2014.
Send applications to:
236 Fox Run Rd
Salt Point, NY 12578
845-266-3312, best time to call 5pm-9pm
The announcement of the 2015 Sheep and Wool Ambassador will take place at the Sheep and Wool Growers Annual Member Dinner DECEMBER 6, 2014. If you have any questions please call Blaine or Gretchen Burnett at 845-266-3312 Good Luck!
- Promote sheep, wool and lamb through participation in various community and school activities.
- Appear, when requested, by an organization interested in sheep and wool promotion.
- Be available during the week of the Dutchess County Fair for scheduled sheep and wool events.
- Be available during the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival.
- The contestant must be single and between 12 and 22 years of age by January 1, 2014.
- Contestants should have a working knowledge of sheep and wool. The contestant must own their own sheep, be a sheep sponsorship or parents/guardians must raise sheep.
There will be a maximum of three judges conducting an interview. The contestant will
be judged on; knowledge of sheep and wool, poise, personality and appearance. Interviews will take place November 2014. Location and time to be announced.
Sheep and Wool Ambassador - $60.00
Sheep and Wool Duke or Dutchess - $30.00
Runner-up - $15.00
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE APPLICATION PDF AND MAIL IN