NYS SHEEP AND WOOL FESTIVAL
PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST 2014
Best in Show - JUNIOR:
Christian Lusardi - Staring At You
Best in Show: ADULT
Lorraine M Strohmier - Don't Touch
2014 Best in Show Prize:
$300.00 ADULT Contest
$100.00 JUNIOR Contest
PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST RULES
1. Contest is open to Amateurs Only.
2. All photos must be matted and, if possible, in white mats. Mats may have an interior border. No photos with GLASS will be accepted.
3. Photographs must be taken by entrant.
4. Entries must be received FRIDAY, October 17th from 1pm-6pm at Building E. Entrant will attach label on back of picture showing Title; Entrant Name, Address and Telephone Number, email if applicable and Category being entered.
Entries may also be mailed and received by Wednesday, October 15th, 2014.
5. No more than 5 photos from any one entrant. (The five photos can be in one category or split between the categories, but no more than five in total.)
6. Picture Size: No larger than 8 X 12. and should be on WHITE MAT.
7. CD of photographs entered MUST accompany submissions. Submission of a photograph for this contest implies that the participant agrees that photo may be used on the Association's website and possibly in print material that depicts winning photographs or participants in general in direct relation to promoting the photo contest. CD must just be of the images entered with the titles and name of the person submitting under each image.
cd's should have entrants name on it
and the images on the cd should be titled
either on the paper or plastic folder for the cd or on the cd itself
8. Photos will remain on display until 4:00PM Sunday, October 19th, 2014. Participants must come to Building E to claim their photographs after 5:00PM, Sunday Oct. 19th. If you are unable to claim your entry at the close of the show on Sunday, please bring a self address, postage paid and insured envelope so we may return your photograph(s). All photographs NOT claimed by 5:00PM Sunday October 19th, or those without the proper return envelope and postage, will become the property of DCSWGA.
PHOTOGRAPHY CAN BE BLACK AND WHITE, COLOR, AND/OR DIGITAL
Classes: Junior Photography (age 17 and Under)
- 40 - People
- 41 - Animals
- 42 - Scenes
- 43 - Sheep and Wool Connection
Adult Photography (18 and over)
- 50 - People
- 51 - Animals
- 52 - Scenes
- 53 - Sheep and Wool Connection
Children 11 and under - no entry fee
Age 12 and up - $1.00 per entry - pre-register
Pre -register photos by downloading form and mailing to:
Susan Fowler Gallagher
234 Hollow Road
Stattsburg, NY 12580
To print the 2014 Photo Contest Entry Form Click Here
If you do not mail in the application, there will be forms available at the Fairgrounds when you bring in your work on Friday, October 17th.
Smiling Ram by Lorraine Strohmier
Best in Show 2009
2011 Winning Photo by Dorothee Grimm
Click here for a list of 2012 Contest Winners
Click here to see a list of the 2009 Contest winners