NY State Sheep and Wool Festival
YOUTH ART CONTEST: Ages 10-16
Theme “Fiber Animals and Clothing”
SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 3, 2013!
Official Contest Rules, Terms and Conditions
- The youth contest will be judged separately from the NY State Sheep and Wool Annual Art Contest (10-16 yrs old. to enter).
- The 2015 NY State Sheep and Wool Festival Art Contest runs from July 1, 2013 to September 25, 2013. The winning artwork will be used for the 2015 NY State Sheep and Wool Festival. This includes printing on promotional materials, merchandise, advertising and electronic transmissions. All entries are to be digitally submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on September 25, 2013. The NY State Sheep and Wool Festival and Dutchess County Sheep and Wool Growers Association (“DCSWGA”) are considered the Contest Sponsors.
- There is no fee to enter.
- All entries must be accompanied by the Parent Consent Form
The NYS Sheep and Wool Festival Youth Art Contest winner will receive $100.00 or equivalent gift card for art supplies and be acknowledged on the Festival website. Possible printing of winning art may occur on merchandise and advertising and in future youth contest announcements.
Artwork must include image of a fiber producing animal and example of what is made with fiber. For example: a sheep wearing a scarf or sweater, or images of the handcraft tools used with fiber producing animal, or cartoon panels telling a story with those elements. Thought balloons for cartoon acceptable. Cute and funny appreciated. Original ideas only.
- All contestants are required to agree to these Art Contest Official Rules in order to enter.
- Submitted artwork must be your original creation!
- All artwork should be a complete design and include the words “New York State” and “Sheep & Wool Festival” and “2015”
- Entries must be submitted using the guidelines stated on http://www.sheepandwool.com
Any work that is late or not in the form required will be disqualified with all rights remaining with the artist.
- Contestants may submit up to 2 entries per contest year.
- Non-winning entries may be modified and re-entered into future art contests.
- Dimensions for digital entries are 8” wide x 8” tall, and a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
- Acceptable file formats for digitized artwork: .jpg, .tiff, .tif, .psd, .pdf - minimum 300 dpi resolution.
- Artistic collaborations are acceptable, for example: a painter and a graphic designer. Only one award will be given.
- Contestants must be between the age of 10 and 16 on September 25, 2013
- All contestants must register for this contest by entering their name, email address, mailing address, and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contest. Contestants will be notified by email or phone within one week after the deadline date as to if their entry has been accepted or declined.
- The Art Contest will be judged by up to 3 members of the DCSWGA Board of Directors and the Festival Merchandise Chairman, Festival Chairman and Website Representative. No juror or employee of the organization holding the competition is eligible to enter the competition.
- By entering this Contest, each contestant consents to the use of his/her name, and/or artwork in any advertisements, educational materials or publicity carried out or produced by the NY State Sheep and Wool Festival/ DCSWGA and its advertising and promotional agencies without further notice or compensation. (use Parental Consent Form) The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to reproduce, alter and otherwise change the original winning artwork for our best use. NY State Sheep and Wool Festival/DCSWGA can publish or decline to publish, or use or decline to use, any submitted artwork at its sole discretion. The winning artwork will become the property of the DCSWGA. Non-winning or non compensated artwork rights are still retained by the original artist.
The winning artist will be required to submit a short biography, a signed parental consent release. In addition, the artist will be responsible for the creation and submission of camera ready or finished art according to the specifications listed in the call for entry, as well as framing, shipping or delivering the artwork to the Contest Sponsor. The received artwork must be ready to hang.
Contest Sponsor mailing address :
NY State Sheep and Wool Festival
PO Box 415
Red Hook, NY 12571
- The Contest Sponsor's rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, garbled or misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
- The Contest Sponsor collects your personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation and to keep you informed about The Contest. The Contest Sponsor may also contact you from time to time with information about other ways you can participate in Festival activities.
The Contest Sponsor will not share any personal data about entrants with any other party. The personal data collected for this Contest will not be used for any other purposes unless entrants provide explicit permission as indicated on the entry form.
- By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and their respective volunteers, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities, including but not limited to the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should an external circumstance arise which is beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
- Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
- Visit http://www.sheepandwool.com to enter the NY State Sheep and Wool Festival YOUTH Art Contest.