NYS Sheep & Wool Festival
2014 Festival Artwork Competitions
We would like to invite you to participate in our third annual artwork contest. The artwork will appear on our website, printed promotional materials and festival merchandise for the 2014 Festival. In an effort to further improve our artwork and get Festival visitors involved, the 2014 artwork will be displayed at the 2012 Festival and voted on by Festival visitors and the committee. Please find detailed information below. We thank you in advance for your participation and look forward to seeing your entry!
The Dutchess County Sheep and Wool Growers Assoc. & NYS Sheep and Wool Festival
Winning Artwork: $1,500 check to artist
Runner up: 300 check to artist
Deadline for Initial entry for 2014 Artwork: August 1st, 2012
1. All initial entries must be emailed, as an attachment. JPG is recommended.
2. The email subject must read: 2014 Artwork
3. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Your email message must include: Your Name, address, and phone number. If a different email for contact, please include.
5. Artwork should be signed by the artist. If more then one artist involved in submitted work, all must sign. No additional information will be required at that time.
6. The committee will consist of three DCSWGA directors, Festival merchandise chair, and website rep. Association members may enter, unless they are a member of committee member’s family.
7. The artwork will be judged on reproduction quality for website and Festival merchandise. The artwork should be sheep related. Any medium is acceptable. We are not necessarily looking for sheep portraits and we no longer have a featured breed. We are looking for creativity. The decision of the Committee is final.
8. Once the selection is made, the winner and runner up will be contacted. A short biography and a signed release must be submitted, if not already done. The winner then must be submitted in a vector file and send the original artwork to NYS Sheep & Wool Festival, PO Box 415, Red Hook, NY 12571. The artist is responsible for framing and shipping or delivering the artwork. It must be ready to hang. When this is done and all the paperwork is complete, all artists will be contacted. Only the Winning artwork is not eligible to enter another year.
9. The winning artwork will become the property of the Dutchess county Sheep and Wool Growers Assoc. We reserve the right to reproduce and possibly alter the winning artwork to make it show well on our merchandise, printed materials or website.
10. For the 2014 Artwork: We will need a good quality digital photo or scan of the artwork so we can print it and mat it to display at the festival. The maximum printed sized will be 8 ½ x 11 inches.
11. We will need a W9 filled out by the winning artist. If you are the winner, please go to the following link, download the form, fill it out and mail it back to us. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
12. All questions should be sent to email@example.com