> > Children Activities
GREAT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
The New York Sheep and Wool Festival has something for everyone! In addition to walking around to admire the different breeds of animals, families can also participate in these activities.
Please check the schedule to view times for the following:
Herding Dog Demonstrations -Please check the schedule of events for times.
Steve Charney & Harry - Magic, Music & Ventriloquism (Bldg. E Overhang/ Location F on Map) - Saturday and Sunday
- Sheve Charney & Harry will be preforming 6 times over the weekend with their fantiastic magic, great sounding music and just an awsome display of ventriloquism. It is a definate must see!
Canine Frisbee Demonstration (Area 7) - Saturday and Sunday
- Get out of the sun, sit and watch these incredible canines catch, fetch and do great tricks with frisbees.
Mad Science Show (Bldg. E Overhang/Location F on Map) - Saturday and Sunday
- Mad Science is the worlds leading science enrichment provider, delivering unique, hands-on science experiences for children that are as entertaining as they are educational. In addition to their 11am and 2pm shows daily, they are introducing a new experience to children this year - choose an oyster, open the oyster and find a pearl! This actuivity takes place all day Saturday and Sunday.
- The Mad Science team will also be operating a "Panning of Gems" activity area, where kids can select a bag of "mine rough", dump it into a screen, and pan out all the dirt in a cluice to find the minerals - which they can keep!
Leaping Lama Contest (Bldg. 34) - Sunday Only
- Come see these 6 foot lamas challenge each other and defy gravity! Who will leap the hightest? Who will take home the first place ribbon? You can not miss this example of sportsmanship!
Pumpkin Chuckin Contest (Oval - Area 3) - Sunday Only
- Do you know how far a pumkpin can fly in the air?? Come see the home-made pumpkin launching instruments and just how far a pumpkin really can fly!
The following activities take place all day on Saturday and Sunday:
- Two by Two Zoo
- Pumpkin Patch
- Make a Scarecrow
- John Hardemans Farm Market and Pumpkin Painting
All photos on this page were taken by Garret C. Lown at the 2008 Festival.